Breaking News:

Employees to get 10 pc DA

Khurshid Ganai being promoted

Excelsior Correspondent

JAMMU, Jan 22: State Cabinet will give nod to the release of Dearness Allowance installment to the State Government employees/pensions as per the revised rates effective from July 1, 2013.
Sources said that Cabinet will put a seal of approval on the proposal of the Finance Department regarding release of DA installment at the rate of 10% of pay raising the total DA of the State Government employees from 80% to 90% with effect from July 1, 2013.
It will also give nod to the release of DA installment at the rate of 17% of pay in respect of those State Government employees, who continue to draw their pay and allowance in the pre-revised pay scales as per the 5th Central Pay Commission.
“Enhancement of DA will also apply to the work charged/whole time contingent paid employees working in a regular time scale”, sources said, adding “this increase will also apply in the case of All India Service Officers serving in connection with the affairs of the State”.
The DA arrears with effect from July 2013 to February 2014 on account of the enhanced rates will be paid to the State Government employees through the GPF route with lock-in-period of one year and the enhancement of DA will form part of the monthly salary of the Government employees from March 2014 onwards, sources said, adding the Government servants governed by the New Pension Scheme will be paid DA arrears in cash from July 2013 to December 2013 in the month of January 2014.
The employees’ share at the rate of 10% will be deducted at source and credited to their respective PRAN numbers along with the matching share of employer. Thereafter, the enhancement of DA by 10% will form part of their monthly salary, sources informed.
The Cabinet will also give nod to the proposal regarding release of DA installment at the rate of 10% raising the total DA of State Government pensioners/family pensioners from 80% to 90% with effect from July 1, 2013, sources said, adding the arrears on account of the enhanced rate of DA from July 2013 to December 2013 will be paid in cash to the pensioners/family pensioners in the month of January 2014 and will form part of the monthly pension thereafter.
Meanwhile, State Cabinet will accord sanction to the promotion of Khurshid Ahmad Ganai, IAS officer of 1982 batch, to the Fixed Scale of IAS.
Sources said that  Mr Ganai, who was on Central deputation, was relieved by the Government of India on December 31, 2013 and he joined the parent cadre on January 8, 2014.
The Screening Committee, which has the mandate to recommend the name of the officer(s) for promotion to the Fixed Scale of IAS, considered three officers—A K Angurana (IAS officer of 1980 batch), Khurshid Ahmad Ganai (IAS officer of 1982 batch) and B R Sharma (IAS officer of 1984 batch).
On the basis of performance and eligibility, the Committee found Mr Angurana and Mr Ganai fit for promotion to the Fixed Scale of IAS. Since Mr Angurana has declined to join the State cadre, the Committee has recommended the promotion of Mr Ganai.
On the Cabinet approval, Mr Ganai will be promoted to the Fixed Scale with effect from January 8, 2014 when he joined the parent cadre.
Sources said that Cabinet will also discuss the proposal of the Animal/Sheep Husbandry Department regarding regularization of Joint Directors as Directors in relaxation of rules and creation of additional staff for J&K State Legal Services Authority.

Share With
This entry was posted in Todays story. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Comments