Following is list of some of the cases that were handed over to the CBI by NC and PDP when they were at the helm of affairs and by the Judiciary
* Killing of 5 villagers at Pathribal in 2000
* 2006 much-publicized Kashmir sex scandal
* 2009 death of two girls at Shopian
* 1998 case of 19 civilians’ killing at Sailan, Surankote
* Scam in Farooq Abdullah led Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association in 2015.
* Custodial death of Rajneesh Sharma of Jammu, killed at Ram Munshi Bagh Police station, Srinagar in 2013.
* Missing of 12 year old child of Vijaypur in 2016.
* Missing of holy Quran from Srinagar museum in 2003. After 13 years of Crime Branch probe, the High Court had handed over the case to the CBI.
* There were many other cases in which the successive Jammu and Kashmir Governments and Judiciary had ordered the CBI inquiries.