UT, BDCs double Deepawali gifts to Ladakh: Khanna

Excelsior Correspondent
LEH, Oct 22: Terming the grant of Union Territory (UT) status and now holding up of Block Development Council (BDC) elections in the region as the double Deepawali gift to the people, Bharatiya Janata Party, national vice-president & Prabhari for Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh, Avinash Rai Khanna today said that now the Ladakh is all set to have unprecedented growth and development in the region.
Avinash Rai Khanna was addressing series of meeting in Leh, in order to garner support for the party candidates in the BDC elections.
Khanna, while addressing the meetings, said that this is the result of the commitment of BJP and its leaders led by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi and national president BJP & Union Home Minister, Amit Shah that we are able to witness strong decisive actions on the part of Centre Government that have increased the status of Indians worldwide.
He said that the allotment of UT status and now holding up of BDC elections in the region is a double gift to the people of Ladakh and now we must make sure that the return gift be ensured in the form of all BDC seats to the party. He also felicitated the BDC candidate who has already emerged as winner of the BDC election on the occasion.
Khanna, asked all the BJP leaders that it is their responsibility to do all the ground work meetings for the task and finish the contest in such a style that all the seats should fall in BJP’s kitty. He said that already people of Ladakh have given representations in the forms of Council, Parliament and this time also, we expect the same from the people here. He further appealed to all the party senior leaders and activists to work dedicatedly for ensuring the victory of candidates contesting BDC elections on party mandate.
Khanna, attacked other political parties for their failed attempt to create confusion among the masses. He said that parties like Congress, NC and PDP always exploited the people. He said that these parties enjoyed all the privileges for themselves and deprived the common public of enjoying even the basic opportunities provided by the Constitution. He said that now, UT will be directly under the governance of Centre, which will pave way for the unprecedented growth in the region. 75% foundation has been already laid for the development here, now remaining 25% will be laid with the conduct of BDC elections, he added.