Shubam Pradeep Khajuria, born on September 13, 1995 is an opening batsman, who is presently with the India Under-19 team to play in Quadrangular Series starting from September 23, 2013 and involving four Countries including Australia, South Africa, Zimbabwe and host India.
Shubam after scoring over 700 runs with 3 centuries and 4 half-centuries in Cooch Behar Under-19 boys Cricket Tournament, was selected for India Under-19 team for Sri Lanka Tour recently. He scored 52, 36, 15 and unbeaten 34 runs in the four innings he played during the Tour. Experts believe that Shubam possessed all that is required to sparkle at the highest level. For that matter, the Quadrangular Series will be an acid test for this gritty and gutsy cricketer.
Shubam Khajuria has attributed his recent success to sheer-dint of hard-work by him, his coaches and mentors, besides good wishes from his well wishers.
The 17-year old cricketer possesses almost all those skills that are required to score runs against any kind of bowling attack.
His performances in Under-16 matches at National Cricket Academy (NCA) while representing Board President’s XI served as a launching pad for him to get the National selectors nod.
Identify the Player:
Questions of this week:
1. Who captained India-A against West Indies-A in unofficial One-Day Series held in India recently?
2. For which team Pankaj Singh played in Indian Premier League (IPL) Season-6?
3. Which District emerged overall champion in Divisional Level Inter-District Fencing Tournament held at Reasi recently?
4. Who won women’s singles title in 28th Jammu District Badminton Championship recently?
5. Who is Rajvardhan Singh Rathore?
Answers of the last week:
1. India-A 2.RCB 3. District Reasi 4. Vipul Saini 5. former Indian ace Athlete.
The best entry of this week was received from Tushar Mahajan, H No-55, Lower Laxmi Nagar, Sarwal, Jammu.
The other entries of the week were from Piyush Bhat of Qrt No-21, Block-G, Buta Nagar, Jammu, Nitin Sharma of Pucca Danga, Jammu, Sanjay Kumar from Krishna Nagar, Jammu, Satpal Singh of Janipur, Jammu, Ramesh Singh of Samba and Sanjay Dhar, Lane-1, H No-3, Upper Laxmi Nagar, Sarwal, Jammu.
Dear Contestants, please send your reply within five days to:-
Sports sphere, Daily Excelsior
C/o Excelsior House, Janipur, Jammu. Pin 180007
Or through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
— RAJESH DHAR