Shop gutted in Chanderkote

Excelsior Correspondent
RAMBAN, May 26: In a fire incident here today one electronic goods shop was gutted in Chanderkote area.
Police sources said that fire broke out at ‘Sonu Enterprises’ shop cum house of Mohammad Ashraf alias Sonu, son of Faqir Sai, resident of Udhampur, at present Kunfer, Chanderkote.
They said that families residing in the upper stories and ground floor of the shop were evacuated to safer places soon after the flames were noticed.
Later fire tenders from Fire and Emergency Department Ramban reached the spot and doused the fire and saved the adjacent shops in the market.
Preliminary investigation suggests that reason behind the fire was electric short circuit.
However, police has registered a case in this connection for ascertaining actual cause behind the fire incident.