NEW DELHI: There have been no new developments at the site of the face-off with China in Doklam and its vicinity, and status quo prevails in the area, Minister of State for External Affairs Ministry V K Singh said today.
In August last year, India and China decided to end their 73-day standoff between their troops at Doklam. The standoff had strained ties considerably between the two countries.
“Since the disengagement of Indian and Chinese border personnel in the Doklam area on August 28, 2017, there have been no new developments at the faceoff site and its vicinity. The status quo prevails in this area,” Singh said in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha on whether China has constructed new roads in the southern part of the Doklam Plateau. (AGENCIES)