RAMBAN, June 10: A labourer was electrocuted in Khari area here today.
Police said that the labourer was carrying an iron pipe to village Shagan which came in contact with an overhead electric wire at Kundan, Khari and the poor man received electric shock and fell unconscious.
He was rushed to Sub District Hospital Banihal where he was pronounced as brought dead.
Police identified the deceased as Fareed Ahmed, 20, son of Najam Din Gujjar, resident of Dangam Shagan, Khari.
After completing legal formalities the body was handed over to legal heirs for last rites.
Banihal Police have taken cognizance in this regard.