Kashmiri, other militants reached Delhi to carry out terror strikes

Sanjeev Pargal
JAMMU, Aug 7: Some militants from Kashmir as well as non-Kashmiris might have managed to reach New Delhi to receive and use the consignment of grenades being sent by Al Qaeda linked Zakir Moosa to the Union capital through his aide, who has been arrested by Gandhi Nagar police, for carrying out serial blasts in Delhi on the occasion of Independence Day.
A team of Special Cell of Delhi Police comprising two officials including Sushant Tripathi and Bhupinder Singh reached here early this morning and immediately joined interrogation of arrested militant Irfan Hassan Wani son of late Ghulam Hassan Wani R/o Dangerpora, Awantipora in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district, along with Gandhi Nagar police.
Quoting from interrogation of Irfan Hassan Wani and subsequent Intelligence inputs gathered by the agencies, sources told the Excelsior that three to four Kashmiri and non-Kashmiri militants might have managed to enter New Delhi to receive the consignment, which was being sent by Zakir Moosa to target the capital City on the occasion of Independence Day.
“Delhi Police has been alerted about the presence of militants in the capital though their exact locations and identifies couldn’t be gathered immediately,” sources said but added that efforts were on in this regard. They asserted that sustained ongoing interrogation of Irfan could lead to some disclosures but he too was aware of only one or two militants, who had to come to a specific place to collect the consignment of eight grenades from him as he too hadn’t been briefed about presence of other militants in the capital.
Rehan, the No. 2 in Ansar-Gazbat-ul-Hind outfit of Zakir Moosa, affiliated with Al Qaeda, was constantly in touch with Irfan Hassan Wani using different mobile telephones issuing him directions on how and when to proceed to New Delhi. Irfan had installed latest kind of software in his mobile telephone through which it was becoming very difficult for the investigators to crack some of the data and details.
Investigators have taken assistance of Cyber Cell experts to completely break the mobile telephone used by Irfan Hassan Wani right from the time he started journey from Awantipora to Jammu for onward movement to New Delhi before he was arrested by Gandhi Nagar police near Convent Crossing on August 5 night along with eight live grenades.
Sources said Rehan, who was directly handling Irfan Hassan Wani through different mobile telephone numbers, was fully aware of entire plot hatched by Al Qaeda linked Ansar-Gazbat-ul-Hind to rock New Delhi with serial blasts on the occasion of Independence Day. The plot had been hatched sometime back and the militants, who had to execute the task, were reported to have reached New Delhi well in advance and were hiding at unknown places, which were known only to Rehan.
According to sources, at least two militants could be Kashmiris while two others were believed to be non-Kashmiris.
All the militants were part of Ansar-Gazbat-ul-Hind, headed by Zakir Moosa, all of them could be dreaded, sources said, adding that the New Delhi Police was already on the job to track down the militants.
Sources, however, confirmed that so far no contact of Irfan Hassan Wani has surfaced in Jammu, which was evident from the fact that he hadn’t dialed any local person here and also stayed at a hotel. He was proceeding to Gandhi Nagar near National Highway all alone to catch New Delhi bound bus when he was arrested.