J&K to send police team to UP

Gopal Sharma
JAMMU, Mar 20: The sensational murder of a young girl student (Research Scholar) from Jammu at a college in Agra (Uttar Pradesh) drew the attention of the Upper House of the Legislature today as National Conference member Devinder Singh Rana raised the issue forcefully in the House and demanded that a J&K Police team be rushed to Agra for seeking facts and to ensure that guilty are brought to justice.
In a Calling Attention Notice moved by Mr Rana in the Legislative Council today, the NC Member and several others expressed serious concern over the issue of the murder of a PhD scholar Neha Sharma (25), daughter of Rashpal Sharma of village Rabta in Bhalwal Block of district Jammu, in Bio-Technology Laboratory of Dyalbagh Educational Institute, Agra, on March 15, 2013. He said the girl who was pursuing her higher studies in Zoology at Agra was found stabbed to death under mysterious circumstances.
Minister of State for Home Sajjad Ahmed Kitchloo while responding to the notice, assured the members of the Upper House that a J&K Police team would be rushed to Agra and he will also write to Home Minister of Uttar Pradesh to expedite the investigation into the case and solve the same.
Giving details, the MoS Home said that according to the report received from SSP Agra, Rashpal Sharma, father of Neha Sharma, resident of 34-RS Residency, Vaishnodham Phase-II Dyalbagh, falling under Police Station, New Agra, her daughter was found murdered by some unknown accused persons in Zoology Lab of Science faculty of Dyalbagh Educational Institute Agra on the evening of March 15. On the basis of this, an FIR No. 267/ 2013 under Section 302 IPC was registered and the case is being investigated. IG Agra Zone, DIG, he himself, SP and DySP Crime have inspected the spot.
It was also revealed that the SSP Agra, with the help of Forensic experts, finger prints, blood samples, clothes and hair have been collected from the site and sent for investigation. During the course of investigation, 100 persons were questioned and of them finger prints of 11 suspects and hair samples of 9 suspects have been taken. The mobile and laptop of the victim have been recovered from the bushes in the campus of same institute and sent for technical examination.
During the course of investigation, blood stains, shoes, clothes and cycle of an unknown suspect have been recovered and sent to Forensic Science Lab, Agra for investigation. The report is expected within 2-3 days. The SSP has said that for speedy investigation teams have been constituted under SP City and DySP crime.
Rashpal Sharma, father of the victim who is retired Subedar from Army, told the Excelsior that Neha was studying in the same College for the last nine years. She did her B.Sc, M.Sc in Zoology, M.Phil and was now pursuing PhD for the last two years. He said the girl was in the Lab and she talked to her mother at around 6.32 pm. She had to pick up her mother from home to go for Satsang. The incident has taken place between 5.45pm and 6.30 pm as he got call there after in Delhi as he works there in private company.
Mr Sharma who originally hailed from Rabta Mathuar village in Akhnoor further told that girl had no rivalry with anybody. Neither she told the family about her arguments with anybody in the College. She used to be busy in her research work. Her throat had been slit with the paper cutter and had about 30 to 35 stab wounds which indicated that she was murdered brutally. He said the police after postmortem revealed that intension of the assailants was apparently to commit murder only. The police said to have detained two or three suspects but the case has not been solved so far. He said that after retirement from Army as Subedar about a year ago he joined a private job in Delhi. The elder daughter is also doing job in Delhi while Neha and son (yonger) were living in a rented accommodation at Agra with mother. The reason to stay there was to provide good education to the children and then return to the home village Rabta in Akhnoor and live with other family members. He hoped that J&K Government would take up the issue with the UP Government so that case is properly investigated. He said that students of the College were also shocked over the issue and they boycotted classes and exams for two days. They are supporting them a lot to build up pressure on Agra police to break the case.