Srinagar, Jan 16: The iconic Sherwani Hall in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district was today gutted in a fire incident caused due to gas leakage.
Click here to watch video
Officials told Excelsior that fire broke out post-noon around 2 pm which swiftly engulfed the hall in no time causing immense damage to the structure often used for political and social functions.
As the blaze engulfed the structures, the fire tenders were rushed to the spot to carry out the fire fighting.
“Single storied-tin roofed structure belonging to Municipal Council, Baramulla was gutted in the fire incident,” officials said.
They said that prima facie, the cause of fire seems to be the LPG gas leakage inside the hall.
“Due to the fire, ceiling, windows, doors, furniture and the wooden portion of entry side of the hall have been damaged.
The fire stations that were involved in the fire fighting include Fire Station Baramulla and Old Town Baramulla.