Fire breaks out in residential structure

Excelsior Correspondent
JAMMU, Feb 12: A fire broke out in a residential structure here at Dogra Chowk area of the District today.
Around 11:40 am, a fire broke out due to short-circuit in the house of one Rimpy Devi daughter of Ram Chand of Samadian Road, near Hotel Vivanta, Dogra Chowk, Jammu, police said.
“After an alarm was raised, fire tenders were immediately pressed into the service to contain the flames,” SHO Nowabad Surinder Raina told the Excelsior.
He said household articles worth around 50,000 have been damaged in the fire.
The matter is being investigated further, the police officer said.