Cucumber, just the thought of it gives us a cool feeling. This crunchy vegetable comes handy to beat the scorching summer heat. This is a low calorie vegetable and has more nutrients to offer than just water and electrolytes. This crop is being cultivated in the northern plains of India for many centuries.
Health benefits of Cucumber:-
* Cucumber juice contain natural source of silica. The bones in our entire body are connected by something known as connective tissues. People with arthritis for instance, suffer from deterioration of this connective tissue. Cucumber juice is actually a natural source of silica, which is an integral element in creating and maintaining healthy connective tissue.
* It is a very good source of potassium, an important intracellular electrolyte. Potassium is a heart healthy electrolyte that helps to reduce blood pressure and heart rate by countering effects of sodium.
* Cucumber is the best natural diuretic known probably due to its high water and potassium content. It helps in the secretion and promotion of free flow of urine, thereby keeping a check on kidney and urinary bladder diseases as well as liver and pancreatic diseases. It also helps in checking weight gain.
* Cucumber contains an enzyme called erespin that helps to digest protein.
* The high mineral content in cucumber promotes hair growth and helps to prevent the splitting of finger and toe nails.
* A mixture of cucumber and carrot juice is helpful for rheumatic conditions resulting from excessive uric acid in the body.
* Cucumber, Radish and Bitter gourd (Karela) are beneficial for diabetic patients.
* Cucumber juice protects the body from different skin problems like psoriasis, eczema or flakey skin. The anti-oxidants that are present in Cucumber help the skin to retain a healthy cell growth.
* Make paste of cucumber and use it as a face mask. The juice enters through the pores of your skin, keeps the skin moisturized, makes your skin smooth and soft, cool and rejuvenated, gives a sparkle to your eyes, relaxes your face muscles and keeps you relaxed with in no time. After 10 to 15 minutes wash off with cold water. It even helps in reducing the swelling around your eyes and dark circles. Try once you can find the difference yourself.
* Cucumber is the best anti-inflammatory food as it relieves thirst, cures fever and diarrhea.
* The rich vitamin C in cucumber helps to strengthen our body’s immune system and aids in fighting cancer and chronic hepatitis.
* Cucumber is also rich in vitamin E which is a good anti-aging agent. In addition, cucumber enzyme helps in the metabolism of the body.
* A combination of cucumber, beet root and carrot is considered to be one of the best home remedies for gall bladder stones. This formula has proven its efficacy not only in the case of stones but also in the case of several gall bladder disorders.
* Cucumber juice is beneficial also for those suffering from Thyroid.
* Cucumber contains some essential nutrients that are beneficial for patients suffering from alcoholic liver cirrhosis and other liver diseases.