Woman electrocuted; dead body fished out of canal

Excelsior Correspondent
KATHUA, July 4: A woman died of electric shock in hilly area of tehsil Bani today. The deceased was identified as Jarina Begum, wife of Mustaq Ahmed resident of Morha Dandi, Sandroon, tehsil Bani.
The incident took place when the woman was grazing cattle and a goat was stuck with live electric wire an uprooted pole in village Sandroon. The woman ran to rescue the Goat. But she was also stuck with live electric wire. No one was present to rescue her and goat who came in contact with live wire. Both died on spot.
After getting information, family members and villagers rushed to the spot. They criticized the Power Development Department for its negligent attitude.
A police team from Bani also rushed to the spot and started investigation into the matter.
In another incident a dead body of a person was found in Kathua canal. The body was fished out of canal and sent to mortuary for identification. Police started investigation into the matter.