Normalcy returns to Kashmir

Excelsior Correspondent
SRINAGAR, May 26: Normalcy returned to Kashmir today after two days of curfew like restrictions in parts of Kashmir and strike that disrupted life in Valley in the wake of Zakir Musa’s killing on Thursday.
The authorities withdrew restrictions and security deployment from restive parts of Srinagar and South Kashmir this morning.
Business activities today resumed after shopkeepers, vendors and transporters resumed work after two days.
Mobile internet was suspended on Thursday by the authorities but was restored in central Kashmir districts. However, it remained suspended in South Kashmir.
Zakir Musa was killed in an encounter with security forces at Dadsara village of Tral in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Friday after security forces launched a search operation on late Thursday evening following specific information about the presence of militants there.
However, the district administration in Pulwama has decided that all the schools and colleges in the district will remain shut on Monday. The decision has been taken as a precautionary measure to avoid law and order situations.
All higher secondary schools and colleges will remain closed in Anantnag, Kulgam, Srinagar, Budgam, Bandipora, Baramulla and Kupwara districts of Kashmir.
And in the meantime, people in Dharmuna area of Central Kashmir’s Budgam district today protested against arrest of seven teenage boys, two of them let off in injured condition by Army.
One of the injured has been referred from SMHS to SKIMS Soura and his condition is stated to be critical.
Locals who took to streets at Dharmuna village this morning said that Army personnel arrested seven boys on May 24 (Friday) following protests in the area after the killing of Zakir Musa.
The protesters said that when they urged Army to release the minor boys they were told that they have been handed over to Police.
“We requested Army to release these boys being very young but instead they kept them captive. Last night two of them, Faizl Fayaz Malik (14) son of Fayaz Ahmad Malik of Hatharan Dharmuna and Hamidullah Sheikh son of Gulzar Ahmad Sheikh of Dharmuna were handed over to the respective families in critical condition”, said protesters.
Both of them were shifted to nearby hospital from were Fazil was shifted to SMHS while Hamidullah was referred to JVC Bemina. Fazil was later referred to SKIMS Soura for advanced treatment where his condition is critical.
About beating of two boys by Army, police said “details in this regard are being ascertained”.