Man ends life by consuming poison

Excelsior Correspondent
UDHAMPUR, Apr 8: A man committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance at his house in Kud, here today.
According to the police report, Khem Raj, son of Shivu Ram of Kud consumed some poisonous substance under mysterious circumstances late last night. Family members took him to Sub District Hospital Chenani where doctors referred him to GMC Hospital Jammu. Despite hectic efforts by the doctors, Khem Ram did not respond to the treatment and died.
Cause of provocation behind the extreme step could not be ascertained while Police has registered a case in this connection for further investigation.
Meanwhile, reports said that a PDD labourer, namely Mustaq Mohd (33), son of Fazal Din of Bai Lessi, Dubi Gali (Lander) sustain electric shock while repairing main power supply line. He was working on the electric pole in village Lander in Panchari Tehsil and sustained injuries because of electric shock. He has been admitted to hospital.