Karnataka CM calls on Dr Jitendra

Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy calling on Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh at New Delhi on Thursday.
Karnataka Chief Minister H.D. Kumaraswamy calling on Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh at New Delhi on Thursday.

Excelsior Correspondent

NEW DELHI, Aug 30: Chief Minister of Karnataka, H D Kumaraswamy called on Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh, here today.
The two discussed various issues including those related to administration and prevailing flood situation in the State.
During the meeting, Kumaraswamy requested Dr Jitendra Singh, who is also Incharge DoPT, to repatriate some officers, posted on deputation, back to Karnataka. He also discussed administrative issues related to the placement of Civil Services Officers in the State. The Minister assured him that he will take up the issue with the concerned officials in DoPT at the earliest and do whatever is possible under DoPT rules.
The Chief Minister also expressed happiness at the fact that the hostel for students from Northeast in the campus of Bangalore University, constructed by North Eastern Council at the initiative of Dr Jitendra Singh, is complete and can be inaugurated soon. Pertinent to mention, Dr Jitendra Singh had laid the foundation stone of the Hostel for Northeast Girl students in Bengaluru in June, 2016. The hostel, which is the first of its kind in Bangalore University, has a capacity to accommodate more than 250 students. The hostel has been funded by the North Eastern Council, Shillong, the purpose of which is to facilitate the students from North East who are pursuing their studies in other parts of country. The Minister informed that 75% of the seats in the hostel are proposed to be reserved for Northeast students, while the remaining 25% seats are proposed to be occupied by students from other parts of country. The composition of students from Northeast and other parts of the country will help in better integration, he added. Considering the fact that Bangalore University attracts students from Northeast in huge numbers, many of whom find it difficult to afford accommodation, Dr Jitendra Singh said, it will be helpful for them, specially girl students.
Kumaraswamy also briefed Dr Jitendra Singh about the prevailing flood situation in the State of Karnataka. The flood situation is now under control and relief measures are continuing, the Chief Minister informed.
During the meeting, both discussed other issues of importance related to Department of Space, the headquarters of which is located in Bengaluru in Karnataka.