JAMMU, July 25: Items worth several lakhs of rupees were damaged in fire, which broke out in the store room of Jal Shakti Department at Narwal here today.
As per police sources, a fire broke out in the store room of Jal Shakti Department at Narwal probably due to short circuit during the intervening night of July 24 and 25.
On getting information, police team rushed to the spot and informed the Department of Fire and Emergency Services.
Fire fighters along with tenders reached the spot and started operation to douse the flames.
Click here to watch video
After hectic efforts of several hours, the fire was brought under control but till than items including bleaching powder, water testing kits and alum worth several lakhs of rupees were damaged.
No injury or casualty has been reported in the incident.
However, Narwal Police has taken cognizance in this regard.
Assistant Executive (AE) Jal Shakti Department Khursheed Rana, who was on the spot, told the EXCELSIOR that items including bleaching powder, water testing kits and alum worth several lakhs got damaged in the fire.
“We are assessing the losses”, he said, adding that there will be no effect on the water supply due to this incident.
Items worth several lakhs of Jal Shakti Deptt damage in fire