POONCH, Nov 29: A three-storey residential house caught fire during night hours, due to suspected electric short circuit at Jallian village, in Azamabad area of Mandi in Poonch district.
Official sources said that the fire incident was reported at around 12:45 AM, after which family members including women and children managed to come out of house but the two storeys of the building were burnt along with goods, worth lakhs of rupees, while ground floor also suffered some damage.
Click here to watch video
Locals of the area started extinguishing fire, following which Fire and Emergency Services, Police, Indian Army teams reached on spot and joined them, but two stories along with gold ornaments, Kashmiri utensils, cloths, bedding material and other worthier goods turned into ashes”, they added.
The house owner was identified as Khursheed Ahmed son of Khadim Hussain, resident of Jallian, in Azamabad area in Mandi, while his uncle and one brother were also residing in this house.
Executive Magistrate, Mohd Toiyyab and other officers were also on the incident spot, and financial assistant was provided to house owner, while case has been taken under SDRF.
Station House Officer, Inspector Mukhtiar Ali said that a fire incident report has been entered in Police Station Mandi.
House gutted in overnight blaze