POONCH, Feb 24: Two shops including a Dhaba and sweet shop were totally gutted in a major fire incident at Bus Stand, Poonch City during mid day today.
Official sources said that a gas (LPG) cylinder in the Dhaba of Mohan Lal, son of Baja Ram, resident of Poonch, caught fire accidently. The shop is located at Bus Stand Poonch. The incident took place at around 12.10 pm.
Click here to watch video
The people sitting inside the Dhaba escaped outside in panic. The people from adjoining sweet shop also ran away for safety. The vehicles parked in the nearby area were also moved away. A panic was created as 3-4 more LPG cylinder were lying inside the shop. The police cleared the area and called Fire tenders.
Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the Firemen controlled fire within half an hour. But by then Dhaba had been damaged completely and sweet shop had also suffered much damage. However, the fire was controlled from spreading to the adjoining market. The loss of property was being projected to the tune of over Rs 10 lakhs. The police has registered a case in this connection.