2 shops destroyed in fire at Vijaypur

Excelsior Correspondent
Samba, Sept 29: Goods worth lakhs, including readymade garments and cosmetics were reduced to ashes as two shops in Main Bazaar of Vijaypur caught fire today. Three fire tenders from Samba and Ramgarh were rushed to the spot to control the blaze. The fire was so severe that it almost took four hours to control the blaze.
The shops, including Muskan Beauty Parlor and Ajay Readymade Store having readymade and cosmetic goods were completely gutted in the fire that broke out following sparking in one of these shops.
According to Ajay Kumar Sharma, owner of the Ajay Readymade Store, “at around 6:15 am, neighbouring shopkeepers saw a huge spark in front of my shop and he immediately informed me. Before I could reach the venue, fire had already engulfed the third floor after completely gutting everything on the ground and the first floor.
The fire outbreak is expected to have caused a huge damge in both the shops.
Fire officials said while the exact cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, the circumstantial evidence suggested that the fire could have been caused due to short circuit in one of the shops. They said the exact loss caused to these shops was yet to be ascertained.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here