SAMBA, Aug 13: Two persons were electrocuted while two received grievous injuries when they were repairing their motor pump at their residence in village Sujwan in Samba district early this morning.
The duo was identified as Gurminder Singh, 30, S/o Swarn Singh and Bhushan, 32, S/o Chandu Ram. Both of them died on spot after receiving electric shock while the two persons identified as Ashwani Kumar 28, S/o Som Lal and Des Raj 48, S/o Bura Ram got injured.
There was a pall of gloom in entire village as the news spread and the relatives and friends of the bereaved families rushed to the spot in panic.
The injured were shifted to Government Hospital Vijaypur where from Des Raj was referred to GMC Jammu while the dead bodies were shifted from Government Hospital Vijaypur to DH Hospital Samba for postmortem. Police has taken cognizance of the matter and registered a case under relevant Sections of the law in this regard.