2 children die of asphyxia

Excelsior Correspondent
RAJOURI, Dec 15: Two children died of asphyxia while a couple was hospitalised after inhaling smoke from a “Bukhari” in their house in Kotranka (Kandi) area of this district last night.
A police spokesman said that the incident took place in a remote village in snow-bound Kandi area as the family had kept a coal- heater (Bukhari) in the room in view of harsh cold.
He said Mohammad Khadim, his wife Shamim Akhtar, their three-month old son and 12-year-old niece Sobiya Kousar were found unconscious inside their house on Saturday night and rushed to Kotranka hospital.
He said while the children were declared dead on arrival at hospital, the couple was undergoing treatment. The condition of couple was said to be stable now.