Transfer of State land for colleges, varsities only through Higher Education Deptt

Excelsior Correspondent
JAMMU, Mar 8: The State Government has asked all the Divisional Commissioners and Deputy Commissioners to refer all the requests relating to transfer of State land, received by them directly from universities and colleges, to the Higher Education Department for examination on desirability of provision of State land and quantum of land either for new institutions or additionally.
An order in this regard was issued today as it has been observed that the Divisional Commissioners and the Deputy Commissioners identify and process the transfer of State land to Higher Educational Institutions directly notwithstanding allotment of huge chunks of land to many of them already by the State Government.
“It is incumbent upon the Revenue officers to consider the requests relating to transfer of land for Higher Educational Institutions through the Higher Education Department only,” says the order in this regard.