Technology in modern Healthcare

Nigam Gupta
Salutations to all those who are working day and night for improving the most dignified profession in by making use of technologies in today’s world of competitions and added challenges. It’s passion to bring in new innovations while desire to contribute something for our coming through the then, R&D that’s sincerely going to save and secure the futures of many.
Anyway; in the modern health care environment, introduction of Technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Learning of Medical Technologies, and most importantly a new catchword ‘Internet of Medical Things’ (IoMT), got a vast amounts of clinical data that can now be gobbled up, digested and interpreted within seconds.
This is where predictive healthcare transmutes into preventive healthcare.
To begin with Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone This is apparently the India’s reply to the World on Medical Technology, and an answer to the prayers of patients who are looking for cost effective medical treatments.
Though! For details one can log-on to their website.
However, for a quick understanding of readers, the idea of creating a manufacturing hub like AMTZ was conceived because India is import-dependent market in terms of medical devices technology to the extent of over 75 per cent. AMTZ aims to make India a self-sufficient and in fact an exporter of good quality and cost-effective medical technology. Moreover, manufacturers are not asked to go and work out in isolation. They become part of an ecosystem where they thrive and survive together. And to support them, AMTZ created scientific, commercial and social infrastructure within the zone.
Significantly, AMTZ would intend to saturate the domestic requirement and the internal markets within the country. And, what to talk of their achievements, for an example we all know that diabetes is a health concern for many. For this, Non Communicable Disease Screening is promoted in a big way.
Most of the States or hospitals are buying blood glucose strips at a high cost. What Andhra Pradesh has done is unique. In AMTZ, they are producing world’s cheapest glucometer with Bluetooth and IoT integrated in it. Because of this, they have been able to undertake screening at a much cheaper cost. It means two things – saving of money for the exchequer and screening of more people at same cost. This is a classic example of integrating industrial promotion with healthcare service delivery.
Similarly as of now, AMTZ are one the forefront of TB diagnostics then, there are only 2 companies in the world which makes linear accelerator (LINAC) for cancer care and it is one of the most complex medical equipment in the global market. Andhra Pradesh is on the verge of making a linear accelerator (LINAC) for cancer care. This will reduce the cost of cancer care. And above all, they are most likely going to produce CT Scan @ 80-90 Lakhs INR against the present import cost of near-above 3 Cr.
And as on date, there is no place in India where all the scientific facilities required for medical technology production are available in one campus itself. This is a unique feature of AMTZ that have also been shortlisted to set up incubation centre under the program of NITI Aayog. India’s first MRI, Dialysis machine will be produced in AMTZ moreover. So, in terms of policy front or infrastructure, AMTZ is ready to lead the discourse on medical technology sector in India and globally. Thus, advocating and eagerly awaiting a replica of same here in J&K too.
J&K State Healthcare Investment Policy Is of course a step near bringing the above like, areas. State Government must have brought this policy to make J&K as one of the next big medical tourism and technology hub, of India. With Health City set up, which will have ‘Corporate hospitals, Medical Colleges, Healthcare Education, Medical Equipments & Allied Industries’ there in it and then only it will attract probable investors’ players, innovators, medics or patients from world over. Not to forget, ‘Health City’ near Visakhapatnam and ‘AMTZ’ at Vizag as of now, near becoming the next Thailand, Hong Kong or Singapore. And, a likewise, zeal within the corridors of Government else enthusiasm at the seats of powers, is otherwise required to achieve the aim of making JAMMU& KASHMIR the next prominent address of healthcare envelope in the world.
Tricog: Insta ECG
An outstanding conglomerate of Bangalore based cardiologist Dr. Charit Bhograj, IIT Bombay’s Alumni and PhD from California University, Los Angeles Er. (Dr.) Zainul Charbiwala,Dr. UdayanDasgupta, an algorithms expert, and Abhinav Gujjar, who is Chief Software Architect __ found an instant solution and value proposition of ECG. Especially for the areas where presence / availabilities of full time cardiologists is less alongside heavily rushed hospitals and clinical establishments. The platform is otherwise of significant use for cardiologists too, as it helps healthcare centres in installing a cloud-based ECG machine. So at the time a doctor takes a patient’s ECG, the information is sent to their centrally located hub where a qualified expert is available 24/7. The Tricog specialist interprets it and sends back a report through an SMS as well as a message on their mobile app. This increases the speed of the diagnosis.
As per the available data “In India alone, 5 million people suffer heart attacks every year and 3 million of those don’t survive. The average time it takes to diagnose a heart attack in urban India is 360 minutes. The chances of survival with this delay are a mere 20 percent. If this delay were reduced to 90 minutes, the survival probability jumps to 80 percent. This concept of company obviously aimed to change that patient’s 80 percent chance of death to an 80 percent chance of staying alive.” Per their records above 200,000 patients have been diagnosed. And, advanced algorithms and data visualisation help our expert doctors, ensuring accuracy and speed. Yes! The team Tricog, exerting also for their next step which will be to unleash the potential for the algorithm to be used in personal health devices and wearable devices as well.
In an identical manner, SigTupleagain a Bangalore based creates AI-based solutions to automate healthcare screening. It has built intelligent screening solutions to aid diagnosis through AI-powered analysis of visual medical data. Their USP is the speed with which this data is analysed, for enabling doctors to make a quick diagnosis in life threatening situations. Then, Nirmal, A new way to check breast cancer. It is also called NIRAMAI (Non-Invasive Risk Assessment with Machine Intelligence) and yet againit’s a Bangalore-based tech start-up cofounded by Dr GeethaManjunath and team associates.
Not to forget, Robotic health-givers,machines assist Man as care giving is hard work, mind-numbing, unexciting and often emotionally draining. Correspondingly, Robotic surgery; also known as Robot-assisted surgery, it is a method of performing surgery using very small tools attached to a robotic arm. The surgeon controls and manipulates the arm from a computer console and an electronic eye in the robot arm sends back a high definition 3-D image, magnified 10 times, which the surgeon can view on the computer screen; something not possible in conventional surgery.
Recently, besides many one Dr. M R Attri, a renowned surgeon from Jammu, serving at SMHS Hospital Srinagar as Additional Professor in the PG-department of Surgery GMC-Srinagar; also recently found trying hands on Robot and well understood its role in the surgical field somewhere during an international medical education, occurrence.
All said and done, only a real performer can see opportunities within healthcare predicaments’ and medical devices sector flourishing in India. And, if things be taken in a positive note, we have ample of existing central and State Government schemes to support the zone. The only required ingredient as of now is the willingness to do something innovative among the officials and commands at seats of powers while better collective utilisation of central and state schemes to connect the collective synergies.