* Apply a sunscreen, a minimum of SPF 30 every 2-3 hours. Even if you travel by car, UVA rays penetrate through glass mirrors. If the skin is oily, and feels greasy after sometimes after the application, use a gel based, oil free or matte sun protector.
* No sugar, no salt, should be the formula adopted at least 10 days prior to the wedding. This means minimize the intake to the least possible. Avoid packaged (preserved) food. Increase the water intake. Avoid caffeine and tea. A minimum of 6 hours of sleep is must. If you take less of salt, you would have absolutely no puffy eyes. Intake bright coloured seasonal fruits as much as you can.
* Moisturize your Skin, once in the morning and once before you go to the bed after cleansing. Build up a regime of CTM. Cleanse your face with a face wash (as suited to your skin). Toning is the second and the most important step, which we usually feel of no use, but has the utmost importance. Before moisturizing and following your facial cleanser, a face toner helps to remove excess dirt, traces of oil and makeup, correct and balance the pH of your skin, and helps control acne. By helping to clean and close pores, it’s especially beneficial for acne-prone skin. A suitable moisturizer can help prevent and treat dry skin. As moisturizers hold water in the outermost layer of skin, they also act as a temporary barrier for your skin. It also protects the outer layer of the skin from harmful effects of sun, wind and other environmental factors.
* Skincare regimes to be started at least three months before the D-Day. Consult an expert, and know what is best required for your skin.
* Home- Made Face Packs can be an add- on to the skincare rituals.
*Take ½ cup of yoghurt, 2 spoons of honey, and a pinch of turmeric. Mix it all together, apply the paste on your face, arms, and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it off gently with water. Yoghurt contains lactic acid and moisturizers, which helps to even out the skin tone and brighten. Honey acts as soothing agent. Turmeric has anti bacterial properties and is healthy and hygienic as well.
* Also, you may make an oatmeal scrub by adding ½ tea spoon honey to 1 tea spoon of oatmeal and gently exfoliate for 5- 7 minutes, depending on the skin condition. And put the pack after scrubbing. You may follow this once a week.
Stay connected for more tips and tricks on instagram @kumud_s_kohl_palette and Facebook page @Kumud’s Kohl Palette.
(The author is a beauty expert at Wellness Zone Headmasters Salon & Spa)