Short circuit leads to burning of house

Excelsior Correspondent
RAJOURI, May 19: A kucha house was gutted in Sial Sui area of Kalakote in district Rajouri last evening. Official sources said that incident took place in Ward No. 1 of Sial Sui, which falls under the Kalakote Police Station of Rajouri, late last evening. The fire apparently took place due to electric short circuit. All the goods kept inside the house were also reduced to ashes in a jiffy.
The house of Mohd Mirza Khan, son of Haseeb Khan, resident of ward No. 1 Sui Siu reduced to ashes due to the absence of any fire fighting facility in the area. The people around tried to control the fire with the help of CRPF and police, but by the time the fire tenders arrived, the house and the entire items had already burnt to ashes.
Today the members of the victim’s family and other people of the village protested strongly against the administration and the Power Development Department and started shouting slogans by blocking the road. They alleged that due to the negligence of the PDD, the HT cable of electricity collided somewhere and overload caused short circuit and fire broke out.
SHO Kalakot Danish Dar and Addition DC Krishan Lal themselves reached the spot along with AE and JE of PDD and after about 2 hours of hard work, they pacified the protestors and assured that the whole matter will be investigated and if the negligence of the PDD staff is found then action will be taken against the department as well.