POONCH, May 26: A Karyana shop was completed gutted in a major fire incident at village Bhera in Mendhar Sub Division of district Poonch last night.
A police spokesman said that the shop belonging to one Mohd Farooq, resident of Bhera village caught fire last night after `suspected’ short circuit. Within short span of time entire shop was completely gutted.
A fire tender from Mendhar was pressed into service but the entire shop had already been gulfed in the fire flames. The police party from Mendhar was also there on the spot. It has taken cognizance of the matter. The loss of property was being assessed.