SRINAGAR, July 16: Scores of aspirants of State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) today protested and demanded an increase in the number of posts advertised by the department in the year 2012 which were reduced drastically after more than 7 years.
The aspirants said that the notification for the engagement of two battalions of SDRF was issued by the Police Department in the year 2012 and the same was published on the official website for the physical test in 2018. “After the completion of the physical test, the concerned department issued the vacancy list of 355 only against the already published 2 battalions, which is a sheer injustice with the youth who appeared in the examination as their age bar is nearing an end”, the aspirants said.
Click here to watch video
The aspirants said that in 2012, they published vacancy for 2 battalions which is around 2400 candidates. “After that they called the candidates for physical test and now, they are telling us that we are taking only 355 candidates; how can this be done,” they said.
The aspirants have recently met with the Governor as well, who has assured them that their issues will be taken care of; however, no development has been seen so far in this regard. “We brought the issue into the notice Governor as well, he assured us that the issue will be resolved, but nothing has been done so far,” an aspirant said.