Nowshera bandh enters 12th day, protest at Sunderbani

Excelsior Correspondent
RAJOURI, Feb 27: Indefinite bandh continued in the township of Nowshera on the 12th   consecutive day today for seeking district status for this sub division while at Sunderbani town the people held protest demonstration  in support of their demand of creation of Additional Deputy Commissioner’s post.
The people of Nowshera, under the banner of Joint Action Committee, comprising members from various political parties, Beopar Mandal, Bar Association,  Sanatan Dharam Sabha and some other social  and youth organizations took out protest rally in the main market.   They were shouting slogans against BJP-PDP Government, BJP Ministers and also in support of their demand of full fledged district for Nowshera.   They culminated their protest march at the venue of dharna in Tehsil/ SDM office  complex.
Several local leaders addressed the gathering at the venue. The work in local Govt offices has been paralysed due to ongoing agitation in Nowshera.  Several other small towns of the area like Jhangar, Qila Darhal, Rajal, Lamberi etc are also observing bandh.
Nowshera Beopar Mandal president  Subhash Kapoor and others  said that people of Nowshera  have now resolved to take their agitation to the logical conclusion.  They said  Nowshera is demanding district status for the last more than forty years. It has almost all the district level offices functional here  besides a Govt  Degree College.  Though public is suffering badly due to continued bandh yet  they all have prepared for facing the consequences. They said the people of Nowshera Sub Division have decided to boycott the elections if their demand is not addressed by this Government.
Meanwhile,  market in the Sunderbani town remained opened today. The  people held protest demonstration  during the day and shouted slogans against BJP-PDP Govt.  The JAC had decided to open the market but hold protest daily in support of their demand. They moved up to the main chowk at Highway and then returned to tehsil complex.   The police  did not allow protesters to block the highway. The normalcy has returned to Kalakote after two days’ protest.