House gutted in Mendhar

Excelsior Correspondent
POONCH, Sept 17: A residential house was gutted in a major fire incident at Chhajla in Mankote Tehsil of Mendhar Sub Division in Poonch district last night.
An official spokesman said that fire broke out in the residential house of one Mohammad Shafiq, son of Sadiq Khan at Chhajla village in Mankote, probably due to short- circuit.
Soon after getting information, local villagers rushed to the site and tried to douse the flames. The house was however, completely damaged in the blaze. The loss of property was being assessed, he said.
“No casualty was reported in the incident,” the police official.