All those engaged after 2010, 2015 to be terminated
Officers to pay from salary if Rules violated
JAMMU, May 24: In a major decision, the State Government today imposed complete ban on engagement of casual, seasonal, adhoc, contractual, need based and daily rated workers in all Departments with immediate effect and directed that all such workers, who were engaged after April 29, 2010 and March 17, 2015 will be disengaged immediately.
The Government order issued by the General Administration Department (GAD) vide Circular No. 3-GAD of 2019 dated 24.5.2019, warned disciplinary action against the officers if they make any such appointment in contravention of rules.
Henceforth, the Government announced that all vacancies will be filled up strictly in accordance with rules governing recruitment to the respective services or posts.
The Government order comes just a day after declaration of results for Parliamentary seats to ensure that it doesn’t violate the Model Code of Conduct.
Official sources told the Excelsior that Governor Satya Pal Malik has received many complaints that some Government officers in connivance with the politicians had engaged number of workers on adhoc, contractual, consolidated, need bases, seasonal etc in contravention of the Rules as the Government had barred such appointments.
“In some of the cases, the workers had been engaged by issuing back dated orders,” sources pointed out and said the Government acted on the basis of such complaints.
The GAD Order issued today said: “With effect from commencement of this Act, no appointment will be made by any department against any post on adhoc or contractual, consolidated or temporary basis and all vacant posts will be filled up strictly in accordance with the rules governing recruitment to the respective services or posts”.
It added that if any appointment is made by any officer in contravention to the provisions of Sub-Section (i), he will be liable to disciplinary action under rules and the salary drawn by such appointees will be recoverable from the defaulting officer as arrears of land revenue.
The General Administration Department order impressed upon all officers of the State Government to strictly adhere/ observe the statutory rules and codal provisions in letter and spirit and ensure that any person appointed on adhoc, contractual, consolidated and temporary basis after the imposition of ban on such engagements on and after April 29, 2010 in contravention of the provisions of the Act will forthwith cease to continue i.e. they will be disengaged immediately after the issuance of today’s Government order.
“Similarly, any person engaged as casual, seasonal and need bases worker after imposition of ban on such engagements i.e. on or after March 17, 2015 without specific approval of Competent Authority or without following due procedure shall also cease to continue forthwith (i.e. they too will be disengaged),” the Government order said.
The order warned that in the event of failure to comply with the fresh instructions issued by the GAD, the concerned officer(s) will be held personally responsible.
“The amount due or paid to such irregular appointees or engaged workers will be recovered from the personal emoluments of the officers concerned who had made these engagements or continued with them in violation of the rules, orders or codal procedures. Besides, all such irregular appointments and engagements will be terminated immediately,” sources said.
The Government has directed all Administrative Secretaries, Divisional Commissioners, Heads of the Departments and Deputy Commissioners to ensure strict compliance of the instructions.
The Government also reproduced the Government Order No. 43-F of 20105 dated 17.3.2015 regarding withdrawal of powers from the Administrative Departments to engage casual labourers. The order issued then had stated that notwithstanding anything contained un sub-rule (I), any new engagement of casual workers in any department can only be made with the prior approval of the Chief Minister through the Finance Department.