JAMMU, Apr 18: A father-daughter duo died of electrocution when they came in contact with a live wire in village Pangore village falling within the jurisdiction of police post Gajansoo.
“The deceased identified as Mohd Ali (40) son of Kallu, resident of UP and his 14-year-old daughter namely Chhoti, were farm labourers from Uttar Pradesh and had gone in the fields for cutting of ripe wheat crop, yesterday”, a police official said.
He said that the mishap occurred when while returning from the fields in the evening, the girl came in contact with a live wire of irrigation pump. “As her father tries to save her, he was also electrocuted and both father and daughter died on the spot”, he added.
Police rushed to the spot after receiving information about the incident. Later, the bodies of the deceased were handed over to their family members for last rites after completion of legal formalities.