92 Restoration Works Worth Rs 9.84 Cr Taken Up Post Floods In Marh Constituency: DyCM

Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Surinder Choudhary speaks during the Budget Session of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly, in Jammu

JAMMU, Feb 20: Nearly, 92 restoration works worth Rs. 9.84 crore were taken up post 2025 floods across Marh Constituency in Jammu.
This was informed by the Deputy Chief Minister, Surinder Choudhary, while replying to a question raised by Surinder Kumar in the Legislative Assembly.
The Deputy Chief Minister apprised the House that an amount of Rs. 8,87,000 under SDRF norms was also disbursed among 90 affected families in the Constituency.
He acknowledged the significant losses incurred by Marh Constituency’s inhabitants due to last year’s floods. He commended the district administration’s swift response, undertaking prompt assessment and relief measures as per State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF). He said that relief under the SDRF norms was provided to the affected families on priority.
The Deputy Chief Minister said besides SDRF assistance, the affected families were also provided with ration and other essential items during the flood period under Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS).
He informed the House that about 92 works including roads, bridges, WSSs, power and other vital public infrastructure damaged during floods were taken up for restoration under PWD, PMGSY, JPDCL, PHE, JMC, BDO offices Mandal Phillian and Marh in the Constituency.
The Deputy Chief Minister said that most of the works taken up for temporary restoration have been completed and various works are under different stages of completion, while few are set to be completed by July and August, 2026.