Over the past decade or so, a major breakthrough in Higher Education has been the introduction of Integrated Courses after XII. The primary objective of this breakthrough was to bridge the gnawing gap between the industry and the academia and also to save out on the students time and money to get enroled into one degree after the other with a result that there is a reduced ‘time to market’. Some of the premier institutes of the country like the IIT’s started offering flexible dual degree programs and integrated courses in the field of Humanities, Engineering, and Management.
Some of the popular integrated courses are:
Some examples of Integrated Law course programs are- B.A. L.L.B. (Combination of Bachelor of Arts and Law programs), B.Com. L.L.B. (Combination of Bachelor of Commerce and Law programs), B.Sc. L.L.B. (Combination of B.Sc. and Law programs) etc. Usually, Law (L.L.B.) program can be pursued only as a PG course. When it comes to eligibility criteria, a candidate must have passed XII, under the 10+2 Schooling system from a Recognized Board. There are no restrictions whatsoever regarding the stream that a student hails from. So, Science, Commerce, Arts or Humanities stream students may pursue this course after completing their 10+2 schooling program. The most coveted law entrance exams in India: CLAT, AILET, SET-Law are conducted for admissions in the 5 years integrated law course.
Since there are two courses involved, the duration of this program is 5 years.
* B.Sc. L.L.B. Environmental Science (For Science stream students)
* B.Sc. L.L.B. Biotechnology (For Science stream)
* B.Sc. L.L.B. IT (For Science stream)
* B.Tech. L.L.B. (For Science stream)
* B.A. L.L.B. (For Arts stream)
* B.Com. L.L.B. (For Commerce stream
* B.B.A. L.L.B. (Any stream)
* Army Institute of Law, Mohali, B.A LLB
* Bangalore University, BA LLB
* National Law University, Jodhpur
* NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
* Marwadi University, BA LLB & B.Com LLB
* National Law University (NLU), Delhi, BA LLB (Hons), LLM and Ph.D. Programs
* Symbiosis Law School BA LLB, BBA LLB
* Panjab University, Chandigarh, B.A./B.Com LLB (Hons)
If you have a razor-sharp focus and plan to get into Business Management, you can get into an integrated MBA program right after XII. This will save you from the hassle of undergoing admission and selection procedure twice and also preparing for entrance exams like CAT, XAT, SNAP, NMAT etc. Out of the popular progarms, IIM Indore launched the five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) in 2011, which is the first of its kind in India.
* IIM, Indore, Integrated Programme in Management.
* Xavier University, Integrated MBA in Sustainability Management,
* Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, BBA and MMS
* Mumbai University, Bachelor of Mgt. Studies and MBA.
* Jindal Global Business School, BBA( Hons) and MBA.
Integrated B.Sc. + M.Sc. in Fashion and Lifestyle Technology:
In case you wish to go in for a hands-on program in Design that prepares you for the Fashion and Lifestyle industry, go in for a 5-year Integrated Course in Fashion and Lifestyle Technology. This course readies you for jobs in, Corporate, and Academia as also to start up a Private Enterprise or Venture. The subjects you will study are Fashion Journalism and Photography, Fashion Enterprise Management and Supply Chain, Quality Control, Cost and Logistics are some of the disciplines they are acquainted with during the course. You will be trained to be Fashion Illustrators, Designers, Pattern and Product Developers and are prepared to cater to the fast-moving Fashion Industry in every way. Their deep understanding and exposure in vast areas help them fit into the Niche’ Market as well as in the Mass Market of Fashion Makers. The aim is to incorporate Lifestyle Management in Professional and Personal life of every student and to provide the institution a continuous feedback on the performance and development of all the pass out admission
Admission is on the basis of an aptitude by the institute to assess the skill of candidates in freehand drawing, sketching, designing, creating and general ability needed for the course. Communication skills will be tested through an interview. Distribution of marks for preparation of merit list shall as under: Academics 20%, Preference Criteria 10%, Aptitude and objective test 60%, interview 10%.
You must have passed 10+2 in science stream from any recognized board.
* Panjab University, Chandigarh
Integrated Engineering courses are offered by many universities in India. The basic aim is to create technologists and engineers from all branches ready with management skills. It also ensures that the graduating students are ‘industry ready’ with managerial skills. Integrated engineering inspires students to start and run own ventures in their basic field of study with good business skills and knowledge.
Engineering students can opt for Integrated M.Tech. Program which is a five-year full-time programme intended for students who have passed or are appearing for Senior Secondary (Plus Two) examination with Mathematics or equivalent subject.
However, it is important to understand the difference between an integrated MTech and Dual degree. An integrated course means a 4year BTech combined with 2year MTech.which can be done in a span of 5 years. In the integrated course, you get both bachelor and master degree combined after 5 years. Dual degree course means to get a degree in two different disciplines.
* IIT Delhi, offering B.Tech and M.Tech in:
* Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology Computer Science and Engineering
* B.Tech in Chemical Engg and M.Tech in Computer Apps in Chemical Engg
* B.Tech in Chemical Engg and M.Tech in Process Engg and Design
* IIT Kanpur, B.Tech and M.Tech in :
* Aerospace Engineering
* Chemical Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Computer Science and Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Indian Institute of Technology (IIT KGP), Kharagpur
* Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT M), Chennai
* Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) (IIT BHU), Varanasi
* Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad
* Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT A), Allahabad
* Indian Institute of Technology (IIT I), Indore
Integrated M.A (English)
If you wish to gain a specialist understanding of English for the purposes of pursuing an advanced career in your field, either in industry or academia, then the integrated Master’s degree is for you. Rather than equipping students for a single job or career track, the M.A. in English serves as a strong foundation for a wide variety of careers, as demonstrated by graduates holding bachelor’s and master’s degrees in English today.
* Amrita Vidya Peetham, Kochi, B.A and M.A (English),
* The University of Hyderabad, offering integrated B.A and M.A
Once you have considered the subject, the course, and the university, you should think of coming out of the dilemma of integrated Masters or an ordinary degree. Well, looking at the criticality of time to hit the employment market, pick up an integrated degree that gives you an in-depth knowledge of your field and also saves out on your most valuable asset- TIME.