JAMMU, Oct 4: In two separate cases, a woman died while a man got injured due to electrocution in city and its outskirts.
According to a police official, a pedestrian identified as Rekha Devi (40) wife of Ganesh Kumar, resident of Bihar (at present Paloura), got in contact with a live electric wire near Paloura Naka and died on the spot.
The dead body of the deceased was shifted to mortuary room of Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Jammu for post mortem while a case in this connection was registered at concerned police station.
Meanwhile, he said, that an employee of RRL Laboratory, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu, identified as Raj Kumar (40) son of Kasturi Lal, resident of Krishna Nagar, was injured when he came in contact with a live electric wire while working in the laboratory. The injured man was shifted to GMCH Jammu for treatment, he said, adding the concerned police had taken cognizance.