Breaking News:

NPP appeals Jammu youth to fight bias in employment

Excelsior Correspondent

JAMMU, Feb 4: While assailing the BJP-PDP combine for doling the worst ever discrimination to the youth of Jammu region in the matter of employment, NPP leader and former Minister Harsh Dev Singh today announced to organize the highly dis-enchanted and deprived educated youth of the region for a decisive battle against the biased and prejudicial polices of incumbent Govt.
He regretted that the share of Jammu region youth had faced terminal decline in employment after the formation of BJP-PDP alliance with all their shrill cries of injustice failing to catch any Govt attention. He said that it was universally being acknowledged that with a lion’s share in almost all State level Govt jobs going the Kashmir way, the Jammu region youth were made to content with negligible positions and that too, under reserved categories.
Making a particular mention of the select list of constable operators published a couple of days ago, Mr Singh lamented that out of 642 candidates selected in the General category from the entire State, only 103 candidates comprising of just 16 percent were selected from Jammu region and the rest 84 percent had gone in the kitty of Kashmir which was highly shocking and prejudiced in nature. Likewise, 10,000 posts of SPOs sanctioned by the Govt of India for J&K earlier were out rightly assigned to various districts of Kashmir region with full consent of BJP justifying that the decision had been taken in national interest, Harsh regretted.
Harsh Dev further stated that highly biased selection process became evident from the select list of Asstt Professors issued by PSC in the disciplines of History, Biotechnology, Computer Sciences, Physics, English, Psychology where Jammu region got negligible share in the list despite maximum number of candidates shortlisted from it. Singh said that out of 34 selected candidates in History, 9 belonged to Jammu region, 7 candidates out of 26 in Physics, 9 in Psychology out of 27 and likewise in other subjects. He further unveiled the highly biased selections in Economics and Statistics Directorate, wherein out of 26 candidates selected for Junior Statistical Assistants only 1 belonged to Jammu region. And in Health and Medical Education department, out of 123 selections of consultants in Radiology, Medicine, Ophthalmology, ENT, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Pathology and Paediatrics only 23 belonged to Jammu region, he maintained.
He cautioned the mandated leaders of Jammu region to ensure justice to the youth by ensuring them a fair deal in the selection process or else NPP  along with the aggrieved youth  would launch an agitation to rout the corrupt power hungry leaders.

related-video

Download Daily Excelsior Apps Now:

google-play-store-badgeappstore_button

Share With
This entry was posted in jammu news, State. Bookmark the permalink.