Breaking News:

Jammu facing discrimination even in BJP-PDP rule: Harsh

Jammu facing discrimination  even in BJP-PDP rule: Harsh

Excelsior Correspondent
JAMMU, Jan 22: Former minister and chairman of the J&K National Panthers Party Harsh Dev Singh today alleged that Jammu is facing worst ever discrimination during the BJP-PDP rule in the State.
Addressing press conference here today, Harsh Dev made particular mention of the select list of constable operators published a couple of days ago, and lamented that out of 642 candidates selected in the General category from the entire State, only 103 candidates comprising of just 16% were selected from Jammu region and the rest 84% had gone in the kitty of Kashmir which was highly shocking and prejudiced in nature.
Likewise, 10,000 posts of SPOs sanctioned by the Govt of India for J&K earlier were out rightly assigned to various districts of Kashmir region with full consent of BJP justifying that the decision had been taken in national interest, NPP leader regretted. He accused the BJP ministers in the J&K Cabinet for meekly surrendering the posts to Kashmir at the cost of Jammu youth only for the hunger of power.
Harsh Dev further stated that the deprivation of Jammu in the appointment of SPOs was followed by its neglect in subsequent selections made in the Departments of Education, Health, Planning besides others as well. He said that highly partial selection process became evident from the select list of Asstt. Professors issued by PSC in the disciplines of History, Biotechnology, Computer Sciences, Physics, English, Psychology where Jammu region got negligible share in the list despite maximum number of candidates shortlisted from it. Revealing the statistics, Singh said that out of 34 selected candidates in History, 9 belonged to Jammu region, 7 candidates out of 26 in Physics, 9 in Psychology out of 27 and likewise in other subjects. He further unveiled the highly biased selections in Economics and Statistics Directorate, wherein out of 26 candidates selected for Junior Statistical Assistants only 1 belonged to Jammu region.
And in Health and Medical Education department, out of 123 selections of consultants in Radiology, Medicine, Ophthalmology, ENT, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Pathology and Paediatrics only 23 belonged to Jammu region, Harsh divulged.
Disconcerted over the discrimination meted out to educated unemployed youth of Jammu region, Harsh Dev said that the BJP leaders in a bid to keep their valley masters in good humour had succumbed over the issue of State dispensation providing ex-gratia and Govt jobs to the NOKs of slain subversives and militants including thousand of stone pelters responsible for Kashmir unrest.

related-video

Download Daily Excelsior Apps Now:

google-play-store-badgeappstore_button

Share With
This entry was posted in State2. Bookmark the permalink.