HM comdr Saddam involved in killing of Army man, one arrested

Fayaz Bukhari
Srinagar, Dec 6: Police today said that they have solved the murder case of Army man Irfan Dar by arresting a co-conspirator and identified Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militant commander Saddam Padder as the main accused.
“The recent gruesome murder of sepoy Irfan Dar who was working with 175 Territorial Army, has been worked out and one of the co-conspirators has been arrested by the Shopian Police,” police said.
The bullet-riddled body of Dar was recovered from Wuthmula village on November 25. “A Case (FIR No 298/2017 of Police Station Shopian under Section 302 RPC and 16 UA (P) Act was registered and investigation was taken up,” he said.

Click here to watch video

“The investigation conducted so far has revealed that militants involving Saddam Padder resident of Heff, Bilal Mohand resident of Heff, Touseef resident of Gadbugh and one newly recruited unidentified militant along with arrested accused Muzamil resident of Shirmal hatched a criminal conspiracy to kill Irfan Dar”, police said.
Police said that on November 24, Muzamil went to the native village of Irfan and took him to Wuthmula where the militants were already present in a nearby orchard. “They came out from the orchard and fired at the Sepoy Irfan, resulting in instant death of the victim on the spot. After executing the gruesome murder, all of them fled from the spot”, police said.
“Police on the basis of evidence available could unearth the entire chain of conspiracy and finally nabbed accused Muzamil who is presently in custody. The look-out for the other three militants is on and necessary legal proceedings are in progress to complete the investigation of the instant case.”
In the meantime, five persons were injured, one of them with a gunshot wound, during clashes in Hajin in North Kashmir’s Bandipora district after stone pelting on an Army patrolling party today.
A youth identified as Nayeem Ahmad Mir  was hit by bullet on his left ankle after Army allegedly opened fire. Locals protested against Army firing and clashed with security forces, who fired dozens of tear smoke shells and pellets to disperse the them.
Four persons were hit by pellets during the clashes and they were shifted to CHC Hajin while Mir was referred to Bone and Joint Hospital Barzulla in Srinagar.
The situation in Hajin town remained tense and more security force personnel were sent to the area.