JAMMU, Feb 13: An elderly man who consumed some poisonous substance few days ago at his residence in Rehmbal area of Udhampur district, died today at Government Medical College and Hospital, here.
The man identified as Krishan Chand (62) son of Tara Chand and resident of Rehmbal, was shifted to GMCH, Jammu, on February 11 after he consumed some poisonous substance.
However, the man expired today at about 7.20 am. After conducting postmortem, his body was handed over to his legal heirs for last rites. The concerned police had already taken cognizance of the matter.