UDHAMPUR, Feb 15: Nine domestic animals were perished in a devastating fire which engulfed two houses in village Basantgarh, here late this evening.
Reports said that fire broke out in the house of Abdul Hamid and his brother Kamar Din, sons of Rudu. The blazes soon engulfed both the houses and the animal shed. Three cow, three sheep, two oxen and one calf were burnt alive in the fire. Police and locals rushed to the spot and rescued the family members.
Cause of fire could not be ascertained while Police has registered a case in this connection.